Who We are
Ufadhili Trust is an independent, non-profit organization established in 2000 and registered in 2001 as a Trust under the Public Trusts Act (Laws of Kenya). It is the leading proponent of responsible, ethical, and sustainable practices in East Africa, and works with businesses, governments and citizens. It has conducted several interventions in the area of Social Responsibility/Sustainability including; research, technical support, and development of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) tools, training, information dissemination, and benchmarking.
In 2017, Ufadhili Trust was also registered as a Company Limited by Guarantee under the Companies Act, 2015, Laws of Kenya.
Businesses, governments and people in East Africa work for the common good of society ensuring economic prosperity, social equity and environmental justice.
Ufadhili Trust targets all sections of the society grouped as; governments, corporates, organizations and individuals.
Ufadhili Trust works through several strategies including;research, advocacy, capacity building,networking and technical support.
Ufadhili’s overarching goal in working towards social responsibility is to ensure a just and equitable society.
Our Core Values
- Responsible citizens must be active in society and hold each other accountable for their behaviour.
- Responsible/ethical business is good for business and society.
- Responsible governments must be transparent and accountable to all stakeholders.
- Governments, businesses, and people working together are the key to social change.
- All stakeholders have an obligation to prioritise the common good.
Called Africa Philanthropy Initiative (API), the work involved research, focused discussion and debate on sustainability of development efforts by stakeholders throughout Africa. The efforts resulted in to important ideas, initiative and institutions. Among these institutions was Ufadhili Trust.